The Tallahassee Police Department is pleased to announce the first Family Citizens’ Police Academy (CPA) for 2019. This CPA class will be for youth and their parents or guardians. The academy will begin March 26, 2019 and run for 9 consecutive weeks, culminating with a graduation on May 21, 2019.
Here’s how it works
The Citizens’ Police Academy is a classroom based program, featuring hands-on opportunities for citizens to learn more about the inner-workings of TPD. There is no associated cost for participants.
Class attendees receive information and instruction on such issues as use of force, defensive tactics, special operations, criminal investigations, crime lab and evidence gathering techniques, demonstrations by the TAC Team and K-9 Unit, and much more. All of this is enhanced by their opportunity to ride along with an officer.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Adults: 21years of age or older
- Youth: 13 years of age to 17 years of age accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must also attend the class
- Pass a criminal history check
- Work or live in Tallahassee/Leon County
- Be able to commit to attending all classes during the 9-week class period
Citizens may apply online at www.talgov.com Class size is limited, apply today!
For more information, E-mail Officer Allan Morris at [email protected] or call 850-891-4717.