- The meeting was called to order at 7:35pm.
- Attendance: The following members attended: Eliza Hawkins, Casey McLaughlin, Mario Taylor, Donna Legare, Mary Kay Falconer, Tom Schulte, Geoffrey Deibel and Margie McInnes.
- Minutes: Tom made a motion, seconded by Mario, to approve the Minutes. The motion passed unanimously.
- Financial: Tom and Eliza will meet to talk about the financial forms and procedures. Eliza asked that everyone look at the financial statement and make suggestions. Tom said he doesn’t currently have the information needed to split among the special funds.
- Membership: Casey said there has been a smooth start with 77 members thus far.
- Pandemic Safe, Spring Events:
4/29 Bird Walk was led by Eliza in McCord Park; nice turnout.
5/1 Bike Ride with Mary Kay in Betton; 15 riders and volunteers; 5 rides planned in May in the community
Online Photo Gallery is up and running.
5/15 at 9-11AM Cruise In planned by Mario was successful with 19 vehicles and approximately 65 folks altogether; $78.37 spent for donuts and coffee; held at Harriman Circle. Vehicles included wide variety of cars-antique, sports, electric, hybrid, motorcycles, bicycles, scooters.
6/5 at 9AM Jody and Donna will lead a Tree Identification Walk in McCord Park.
- Annual Events:
Oct. Will plan Fall Fest at our September meeting. Some of the planning will need to be done before that. Margie is going to try and recruit volunteers during the summer months to plan children’s games, crafts and facepainting.
- Updates on Activities:
Mario and Margie submitted a PREP article for the newsletter. The City will offer training on 5/27. Information about this training should be sent out via Email Blast, along with information about the upcoming Tree Walk. Mary Kay is staying on top of the information regarding the Betton Road Resurfacing. Updates are available on tal.gov. The construction will begin mid June. An onsite meeting is planned and that date is TBA. Mary Kay will put up the Congratulations signs for our teachers and students. Mary Kay asked that Board members submit comments of support for the
Multi Use Path.
The Newsletter is being mailed this week and everyone should receive it by Friday. Donna asked for funds to improve the garden island on Trescott Drive. Margie made a motion seconded by Tom, to approve the $42.97 for 3 drought tolerant, flowering plants and pine straw. The motion passed unanimously. Donna asked for funds to add native plants around the pond at Harriman Circle to discourage wild geese. Mario made a motion, seconded by Tom, for $160 for this effort. The motion passed unanimously. Mary Kay reported that the Welcome Letters have been distributed.
- The next meeting will be September 20 at 7PM -in person!
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:40PM
These Minutes are submitted by Margie McInnes, Secretary