This event has ended
October 31, 2021
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Safe Halloween Guidelines
Giving out Treats
- DON’T give out treats from doorways or car trunks.
- DO give out treats from a stand/table at the end of your driveway or yard.
- DON’T put out a big bowl full of ‘grab-your-own’ treats.
- DO spread out treats so trick-or-treaters only touch what they’ll take. Treat bags make it easy.
- DON’T give out homemade treats.
- DO have hand sanitizer, don’t touch your face, have your mask ready… Be extra safe for the kids.
- DO get creative. Attach treats to skewers/stakes that you poke in the ground to host ‘Stick-or-Treat’ on your lawn. Slide treats down a PVC pipe or wrapping paper tube or drop socially distanced treats with a grabber stick.
- DO PARTICIPATE! Sit on your porch or set up chairs six feet from your treat table, so kids get to say ‘trick-or-treat’! Decorate your house and your treat stand. Wear a costume. Try little things that help make the trick-or-treaters feel like everyone is throwing a big party together just for them!
- Don’t crowd other parties.
- Do stay 6 ft or more from other groups. Wait for groups to clear before approaching a driveway or yard.
- Don’t take treats from big bowls or take anything that’s homemade.
- Don’t go to doorways or car trunks to trick-or-treat.
- Do bring hand sanitizer, don’t touch your face, etc… Be as safe as you always are!
- Do follow the mailbox pumpkins and our safe trick-or-treating map to find participating homes.
- Do count the pumpkins that you visit and submit for the Pumpkin Hunt contest.